Write to Elder Reiley

Washington Vancouver Mission
2223 NW 99th St.
Vancouver WA 98665
jaxon.reiley@myldsmail.net

Monday, July 4, 2016

07/04/2016

Dear Family,

Happy 4th of July! I love this holiday and I love my country. It is interesting having a companion from the Philippines on this holiday. He has asked a lot of questions but it is good. We have had a good day today so far. The Sunnyside and Happy Valley ward combined and we had a big breakfast and a flag ceremony and such. We were there at 6:20 this morning setting up so I am pretty tired,but it was good. A lot of people were there.

Keith and Misty were there. They were married one year ago today. Also, they have a little baby boy named Patriot. They are a part member family that loved in a few weeks ago. We met with them on Tuesday and Misty committed to take the lessons. She is way more receptive than her husband was. She wants to learn and raise their little boy in the church. We are meeting with them again this week. 

James didn't come to church again. We had a really good lesson with him. We taught the Plan of Salvation and it was powerful. Then a no-show. We will see what happened. It is amazing that he used to come to church every week and he had a stake calling and now it is a struggle for him to make it one time. It shows that can happen when you get out of the habit. 

We met with the Reddings on Monday. It went pretty well. Viva said she knows the Book of MOrmon is true. We tried so hard to connect the dots for her, but it just wasn't happening. Something gets lost for her between the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith and the restoration of the church. We will be sure to keep working with them.

Have I mentioned the Ramirez family? they are a less-active Philippine family in the ward. They are a super cool family. WE are going over there later tonight for a 4th of July get together. They love Elder Labis obviously.

Toni has come to church three weeks in a row! She is progressing well and it is fun to teach her and watch her progress.

We met the McAteers this week. They are awesome! The sadness of watching the Taylors leave was replaced with the excitement for the McAteers. They are from Ontario, Canada. They are both adult converts and they have sweet conversion stories. He was a member of the RLDS church. I'm not sure what church she belonged to. He was a stake president for 9 years and then they served a senior couples mission and then he got called to be a mission president with his wife as a missionary. Even though I only have them for a week and a half, I love them. 

Here are some housekeeping answers...

I will find out tomorrow about the iPad. Convenient, right? I think I have money in my account to pay for it if I need to. Anyway, I will be sure to figure it out.

I got my itinerary on Friday. That was a weird feeling. I don't have it in front of me, but it sounds like we both have the same information, so that is good. 

I said goodbye to the Dickey's last night. That was rough. I love that family. They are headed out of town this week so I won't be able to see them before I go. I might see them in Logan. We will see.

Thanks for the updates from home. I love baseball season. Keep up the good work. Nice job moving pipe mom, I bet that was quite an experience! That is cool about Tyler and Abby having a baby, the first of that generation. Exciting stuff.

Testimony meeting yesterday was one of the best I have been to. There were a lot of testimonies about the Savior and the Atonement. One specifically stood out to me. Brother Young was assigned to make these nails for girls camp that had to be like the nails that crucified the Lord. He felt strongly. that whoever it was, he was forgiven. He testified that we can be forgiven of all of our sins, even taking part in the crucifixion. It was a really powerful testimony and meeting overall. 

Thanks so much for the email! I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Love: Jaxon

No comments:

Post a Comment