Write to Elder Reiley

Washington Vancouver Mission
2223 NW 99th St.
Vancouver WA 98665
jaxon.reiley@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 27, 2015

04/27/2015

Dear Family,

Thank you for the email. It sounds like things are going great at home. Things are definitely going great here in Battle Ground, Washington. 

Mike and Teresa came to church again. It is the first time that they have come back to back weeks since I have been here. I have felt the change within them so I am excited to see if they continue to do it. Mike has some great fellowship in the ward an so does Teresa. There is just that dreaded chastity lesson coming up haha. We are planning on teaching the Word of Wisdom this week, but we will see what happens.

We finally got in with the Gonzalez family! We just randomly stopped by and they were home. They are some of the nicest people I have talked to on my mission. They are incredible. The mom had some tough questions, but she was really sincere. She asked why we considered some sins bigger than others and why we have to go to the bishop. The dad has read the Book of Mormon. He was a pastor, but not anymore. They have three daughters (the same ages as me, Austin, and Carson) and the middle daughter had some questions about the church so her dad was like, "well, here is what I know, but if you really want to know then you should meet with the missionaries." That's about the time we randomly knocked on her door! We are going to meet with them this week. Thanks for all of the prayers!

Our ward got shaken up quite a bit. So our ward and the Maple Grove ward were two rectangles on top of each other. Now they are side by side if that makes sense. So we pretty much have half of our ward and half of the Maple Grove ward. Then they changed the names to the Battle Ground first and second wards. There are only a few weeks left of the transfer, so we will see what changes need to be made. Overall, I have been impressed by the reaction of the people so far. We will see if it changes over the next few weeks.

I am so excited for Justin! There is a missionary out here that I am good friends with that is from Reno. His name is Hunter Brasher. Connections? Also, there is a missionary in the Battle Ground ward serving in the Kingston, Jamaica mission. He has some interesting stories. Good for  Brodey!

I love hearing about he baseball updates. You never know what can happen in baseball. Baseball is the flukiest (is that a word??) sport. Just catch fire at the right time. I love hearing about the Cavs. There are not too many basketball fans here in Battle Ground so any update is news to me. I am glad that they are doing well...but not too well :-)

I loved a talk given at our sacrament meeting yesterday. He gave a talk based on Lyn G. Robbins talk called Which Way do you Face? He talked about the fear of man. He said that for the most part, we are all willing to die for our faith. If somebody told us that they would kill us if we didn't deny Christ, most of us would move on to the next lief. But would we start up a conversation about religion with a lifelong friend? That is much more scary because it is the fear of man. It is much more admirable to overcome the fear of man than the fear of death. It was a good thought and I am going to try to apply that this week. 

Thank you so much for the email again. I love hearing from my family. I am also excited to skype in a couple of weeks. Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. Have an awesome week. I love you!

Love Jaxon

No comments:

Post a Comment