Write to Elder Reiley

Washington Vancouver Mission
2223 NW 99th St.
Vancouver WA 98665
jaxon.reiley@myldsmail.net

Thursday, June 30, 2016

06/20/2016


Dear Family,

LET'S GO CAVS!!!!!!! WHOOOOO!!!!!!! Our recent convert Arthur knows how much I love the Cavs so he called me as soon as the game was over and gave me the good news. Usually I am pretty even-keeled,but I was pretty excited they won. Also, a nonmember said I could come over and watch the game and have wings or something and I resisted the temptation (everybody can start lightly clapping and nodding their heads now. Thank you), I figured if Christ could resist the temptation of all of the kingdoms and worldly things, I could resist watching game 7. I'm sure those Cavalier players have no idea the effect they have on a family in little Tetonia, Idaho. Schultzy emailed me, too. He was pretty excited.

Anyway, I did have a good week even before the Cavs won. We met with the Reddings this week and it went really well. We are focusing more on Sister Redding, the less-active member. We read from the Book of Mormon and she has never read from it before and she loved it! It was good. She didn't make it to church, but once she does, she will be active. It has just been a long time. Her husband is kind of taking it in, but he is supportive. 

On Monday evening, I went to a departing dinner for the Taylor's Usually, you go to this the night before you go home, but the Taylor's wanted to do one for all of the departing missionaries before they went home. It was fun to get back together with all of the missionaries that I was in the MTC with. There were 12 of us and 11 of us are still here so that has been cool. President Taylor talked to us at the end and he bore a strong testimony. It was a great evening.

We had quite a few less-actives come to church yesterday. There was a missionary homecoming so that helped. Toni was there. There were also four more that were there that have not been to church since I have been here so that was cool. 

So we were out walking one day and I saw a car with an 8B license plate, so we knocked on the door. It turns out this guy was visiting his less-active daughter and he is an active member. He said that he lives right by Skyline high school. I explained my Idaho Falls connections and said that I had an aunt and uncle who probably lived in his stake. So he whipped out LDS tools and I told him to look for a Ryan Hart. He found one that didn't have a calling or phone number and he was like..."Is he active?" I was like, "Ummm, yeah I think so!" HaHa. He eventually found the real Ryan and Christa Hart, so thanks for being active! I didn't catch the guy's name, but he is old and doesn't have hair but has a long white beard...think Santa Claus, if you ever run into him at stake conference or something. 

A few random answers to questions...no new bishop yet. President Dickey's daughter comes home from her mission tomorrow so everybody is thinking we will get a new bishop either first or second week of July. No package yet, but zone conference (my last one!) is tomorrow so I am expecting to see it there. The adobo was much better than the balut. Much better. (from Marilyn... his Phillipine companion has cooked a couple of meals... delicacies. The balut was sort of like duck embryo I'm guessing he gagged it down. This last one sounds like it was a little better). 

Marriages happening everywhere! I remember growing up getting wedding invitations for people you had in school, but now the are people I know well. Weird. Hopefully it all goes well.

I will keep Doug and Cheri and their family in my prayers and also those people that are sick. Thanks for the update on everything.

I am in 3rd Nephi in the Book of Mormon. I thought it was interesting that the things Jesus is teaching, is right after the Atonement. It was fresh on His mind. He taught the people how to access what he just went through, so he taught the doctrine of Christ. It shows how important it is to live the gospel, to continually exercise faith and repent and keep our covenants...without contention! 

Thanks so much for your email! Thanks for all of your love and support. I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Jaxon







1. The district!
2. Us with the Zabaldo family (an awesome family in the ward)
3. While I was at the departing dinner, Brother Cornia (our ward mission leader) took Arthur and Elder Labis to the temple visitor's center.

No comments:

Post a Comment