Write to Elder Reiley

Washington Vancouver Mission
2223 NW 99th St.
Vancouver WA 98665
jaxon.reiley@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

05/11/2016

Dear Family,

Thanks so much for the Skype call! 4 for 4. The Lord helped us out a lot with making it work with the technology. I'm glad we have been able to do that. Thanks for all the updates from home. I'm glad to hear you are all doing well. 

I was going to sum up my week in the Skype call so I didn't have to now, but that's okay. We had an eventful week. Robert is doing well, although we had to push his date back a week. It is because of a scheduling conflict so we aren't very worried. So he is planning on the 21st of May. All we have left to teach him is the law of tithing which will be interesting, but it should go okay. The couple that fed us yesterday isn't golden, but here is some promise there. I feel like they would keep commitments because we asked them to and that might lead to something. We will see what happens.

I went on exchanges with Elder Stevens on Tuesday in his area. It was really fun to be with him again. We went through a lot in Astoria and I am glad that he is here in Portland. We actually went to institute in the evening and I had a good time there. His area covers all of Portland and Gresham because it is a YSA ward so it was fun to travel around the city and talk to people. I also taught a couple Spanish people which was cool.


Johnny Miller came to our mission and had a fireside on Friday evening that the whole mission attended. He was a professional golfer and is now a broadcaster for NBC. He is really good friends with President Taylor so it was good to hear from both of them. He talked about how he found the balance between church, his family, and golf. He said that some things had to take a back seat to his family. He said how his testimony was really challenged and as a result, strengthened. However, I think I missed how he remained active in the church and still golfed every Sunday. He may have skipped that part! Haha. It was good to see the missionaries, too. For most of them, it will be the last time I see them, at least as a missionary. It was a weird feeling.

Thanks so much for the email, even though we talked less than 24 hours ago. I love you all and I hope you have a great week.

Love: Jaxon






1. Elder Labis and I with Johnny Miller
2. Cool quote I saw
3 & 4 A really cool sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment