Write to Elder Reiley

Washington Vancouver Mission
2223 NW 99th St.
Vancouver WA 98665
jaxon.reiley@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 18, 2016

4/18/2016

Dear Family,

Thanks so much for the email. A lot happened this week so here we go... 

We took Ed to the family history center on Tuesday and he loved it. While we were there, I took some time to look up some of my family history. It was such a cool experience. I loved reading about some of my family history and where we came from. Thank you to whoever put all of that stuff on there. 

I had one of the funniest experiences of my life on Friday but it was also the most awkward. We stopped by a recent convert who just moved in. She is in her 60's and not quite playing with a full deck. We visited for a while and gave her our number and told her to call us if she needed anything. Well...she did. I'll spare you the details, but it involved going to the store and buying something for her that I did not want to buy. We finally got a hold of the sister missionaries, and they took care of everything. It was really an embarrassing situation. 

Transfer news... I am being transferred back to the Sunnyside ward. I will most likely finish there. My companion is Elder La. I have never seen him before. All I know is that he spent some time in the Philippines and had to come here for some reason. He has been here for a transfer. Elder Trotter is staying and training and he is the new district leader. I am also going to stay a district leader. Another cool think is that Elder Stevens will be my zone leader so that will be fun. I am really excited to go back to Portland. I have always felt like there was some unfinished business there from when I got transferred out of there the first time. 

Church was kind of a struggle. A lot of people committed to come and nobody did. It was kind of embarrassing, but I have gotten used to it. We did get out of teaching gospel principles. Our bishop texted us at 10:30 Saturday night and asked us to teach so we had like zero time to plan. We got in there and there was a ward missionary there and I jokingly asked him if he was the teacher. He said that he helped he planned the right lesson so we just let him have it. It was a tender mercy! 

We kind of met with Kenny and Takia. They are hard to get a hold of and meet with, so we took them off date. They are still willing to meet, though. Orion is making progress. He is still coming out with us and planning on a mission so that is cool. 

Thanks for the updates from home. Baseball sounds like it is going well. I'm glad you beat Firth. That is cool that Kelton got his mission call. It's a good thing the Cavs won. That would have been a bad sign losing to the 8 seed game one at home. Hopefully they get on a roll.

I am still reading through the Book of Mormon. I just finished 2 Nephi 9 this morning. It is a different feeling reading through it for the last time as a missionary. I am learning so much new stuff. It is cool. I am so thankful for the resurrection. We don't talk about it enough. I love the resurrection.

One question about USU. When does the fall semester start? I will let Guy know when I know that.  That is about it for this week. Thanks so much for the package that is coming. I can't wait to get it. Thanks for all of your love and support. I feel the power of your prayers everyday. I love you all and I hope you ahve a great week.

Love: Jaxon



The four of us in our apartment went disc golfing this morning. The weather has been beautiful lately.

Here are some pictures of Cathlamet:

















This is the Greenman family. They are not members. We met them by doing service for them and they pretty much adopted us as their grandkids. It was tough to leave them.

To all the BYU and D-League fans out there!



No comments:

Post a Comment