Write to Elder Reiley

Washington Vancouver Mission
2223 NW 99th St.
Vancouver WA 98665
jaxon.reiley@myldsmail.net

Monday, March 21, 2016

03/21/2016

Dear Family,

What a cool connection! The family that you met was the Simmons family. They are a part of the Warrenton ward. The Warrenton ward was just formed about right when I came on a mission. Before that it was part of the Astoria ward. So the Astoria ward and the Warrenton ward are super close. Sariah and her family are super cool, too. We taught Devon in their home every Sunday night so I got to know them well. (From Marilyn: there was a family in our ward last Sunday from Astoria... their daughter is a roommate at BYU-I of a girl from our ward. This family brought a friend who happened to be the girlfriend of Devon, who Jaxon taught a ton in his last area. He is getting baptized soon).

So Ed came to church again. It was sweet. We also had a coupe fo less-actives at church, too. We have tried to put Ed on date, but he is a little hesitant to make the commitment. He is one that won't do something until he is sure that it is what he wants to do. But we are still working with him. Nicholas will be in Hawaii with his dad for three weeks so it will be awhile before we see him. We found a sweet family on Sunday right after church. We talked to a guy named Darryl for a while and then he let us in. He went and got his wife and his 12 year old daughter and 9 year old son. He set up two chairs at the front of the room and turned the TV off. This has never happened to me on the first visit on my mission so it was cool. The wife is super nice and receptive. We are meeting with them tomorrow so we will see how that goes.

Good questions about Cathlamet. It is a good branch because many people that have had a lot of leadership callings move out there when they retire. So it is a super tight-knit branch. Cathlamet is a really small town. It reminds me a lot of Tetonia, except there are not any cities that close to Cathlaet. That is why they are not combined with another ward. 

Thanks for the updates for the week. Hopefully baseball season continues to go well. It always feels good to pound somebody haha. It sounds like March Madness is crazy. It is every year. Schultzy has been keeping me updated so that is nice. I have been trying to throw in gospel related things in my emails to him. I have a good feeling about him. 

Nice job dad on the Joseph Smith lesson. His name brings so much controversy, but we will never  e able to comprehend what he did for our salvation. What a champ.

Thanks for getting college stuff all set up. Let me know what else you need from me and we will coordinate. It's good to take a few business classes. I still have no idea what I want to go into but business classes would be a good start. We will see. 

I had a funny experience this week. We stopped by this less-active and they were super rude. It was bad. I was kind of fuming, but I let it go. Little did he know what would happen next. We talked to their neighbors and they were not really interested but super nice. They had a bunch of projects going on and they needed some help so we volunteered to come back and help. We showed up a few days later and there was the less-active also helping. Haha! He was sweating under so much pressure. O soaked it up. I learned the lesson that we should be nice to everybody, because you never know when you might wee them later. I hope that hes heart was somewhat softened. 

The week before Easter is the most sacred week of the year. I am excited for it. I am going to study the final events of the Savior's life in each of the gospels. I am so grateful for the Atonement. I feet the power that it gives me. The Savior brought everything He had to the table for our salvation. We get to be free from the bonds of death and sin. I'm thankful for the gospel that he provided for us to keep us happy. I am especially grateful for the knowledge that I have of Him. 

Thank you always for the great emails. I love you all and I hope you have a great week. 

Love: Jaxon

No comments:

Post a Comment