Write to Elder Reiley

Washington Vancouver Mission
2223 NW 99th St.
Vancouver WA 98665
jaxon.reiley@myldsmail.net

Thursday, January 21, 2016

01/18/2016

Dear Family,

I'll start with transfer news. Can you believe a transfer has gone by already? Elder Stevens and I are staying in Astoria. I was so happy. How transfers work is the assistants send letters in the mail, so our eyes were glued to the mail lady when she came by our place and we were very relieved when she didn't open our mailbox. There will be a lot of changes in the zone.

Some cool news that they are creating a Ridgefield stake. The work is really hastening there. I'm not sure any details,but it is starting in a week. I can't even imagine the preparation and time that goes into creating a new stake.

We had a zone meeting this week that went really well. They have always been stressful for me, but they usually turn out good. It is the first time we have all gotten together as a zone this transfer because we are so spread out, so it was good to be with them.

President Taylor is doing well. He got home yesterday. It sounds like the surgery went perfectly. He just has to lay low for a while. It sounds like they called a senior couple to take over while President Taylor is down, but I don't know many details about that . It should only be a few weeks.

Beca is doing ok. She actually had dinner with us and Bishop and his family so that was cool. She didn't come to church, though. The ward has done a great job with her and they will continue to help her out. I bet she will come around sometime.

Thanks for the sports updates. I'm kinda glad the Seahawks lost. How maybe people will talk to us now that they don't have  the game as an excuse. HaHa. People were pretty bummed, though. I don't even know who to cheer for in the AFC. I don't like either of those teams. Hopefully the Panthers can pull it out.

Thanks for the rest of the updates as well. It sounds like things are going great at home. Hopefully the THS basketball teams can keep it up.

Thanks for sharing the experience with Gavin and Colt's trainer. That is really cool. I also have a huge testimony that God puts us where we need to be. I know that I  have felt Colt's presence since I have been here. I think about him a lot. He was needed on the other side for something and I bet hie is doing a great job. I'm so thankful for his example.

We went to a book of Mormon fireside last night with the ward. It was really good. I am very grateful for the Book of Mormon. I know that if I didn't have the habit of reading it every day, I wouldn't have made it out here. I don't know why some people don't give it a chance, but I guess that is their agency.l I know that it's true. Thank you for another great week of emails. I love you all and I hope you have a great week.

Love: Jaxon

Elk

Elk

The Ocean

The Zone

The Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment