Write to Elder Reiley

Washington Vancouver Mission
2223 NW 99th St.
Vancouver WA 98665
jaxon.reiley@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 8, 2014

09/08/2014

Dear Family, 

To answer your questions, I eat a variety of things.  I will eat eggs and toast, oatmeal, muffins, oranges, bananas, bagels, toaster strudels, or a good ol' pop tart for breakfast.  For lunch, it is not quite the variety.  We actually eat out quite a bit.  I usually eat a sandwich or leftovers from dinner or something.  So, I can choose who I see on Facebook.  So if somebody is just posting a bunch of random garbage, than I can block them so I don't see stuff.  I actually had a good Facebook conversation with Sammy.  He just messaged me and was like, What's Up??  So we had a good conversation and he said I could practice teaching on him.  

I heard that the football team was struggling these first few games.  Hopefully they can turn it around soon.  Let me know how they do.  

It sounds like Cleveland teams are doing okay.. I heard the Browns lost their opener.  Thanks for all the updates dad.  It was funny Brother Gruney's son came and visited for Labor Day weekend and he just pretty much sat around and wanted Sportscenter all day so I got some updates!  Go Tribe!  Also, good job on the 18 pounder!!  It'll be fun to get back and try out the fishing again.  

I have seen that quote before, the one about addressing God as Heavenly Father.  It is so true.  And then throw in the fact that His firstborn suffered so much agony that he bled from every pore.  It is so important that we develop a good relationship with Him, because we need it in these days.  

As far as investigators go, Nick is still on track.  We are teaching him every Thursday.  Ilse has been out of town this week.  I also fasted for them to sincerely read from the Book of Mormon and pray about it.  I hope that they will come along.  We also picked up a couple of new investigators.  We talked to a guy that looks just like Uncle Alan with a handlebar mustache!  He was funny, too, so I related to him pretty well.  His name is Brian and he is really nice and he has a cool family.  We also revisited a 17 year old boy named Chris.  We also talked to his mom.  Turns out, her boyfriend is a less active member and they have gone to church a few times.  She said she wants to go back to church and it would be the Mormon church, but she is super busy and she works 2 jobs, so we will pray that something will work out.  We got the impression that she wants Christ to be baptized.  

Brother Forsyth is awesome.  he is the most intense and loving person I have ever known.  Oh and he doesn't have a private plane.  He somehow changed that to say that from his phone.  Haha.  He helped us out with the lesson we gave and he is really good at what he does.  

I know that we are not alone in this work.  Elder Livingston and I were talking, we are participating in the greatest work in the history of the world.  Think of all the great movements and works; we are more important than them all.  Thank you for all of your prayers and support and love!  Thank you for your letters as well.  Tell Grandma Reiley thanks for all her letters and money.  I will send some money home for tithing.  I don't think I need anything specific right now.  I love you.

Love, 
Elder Reiley


(From Austin's letter)

You have an awesome schedule Ausin!  You will love welding, it is so much fun.  Your teachers will work with you a lot...Mom, Craw, Kunz, Miskin, Ross...that's like a Murderer's Row of awesome teachers!  I remember the butterflies that I had every year at the beginning of school, it starts to get easier as time goes by.  Brother Calderwood will help take care of you in seminary so don't worry about passing tests.  I'm glad you are doing the scripture challenges I'm giving you .  It is nice to just quote the scripture instead of trying to look it up.  Keep working hard in everything you do, sports, hunting, school, the church and everything else.  One of my favorite scriptures in in Moroni 9:6.  It says, 

"And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God. now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God."  We should always keep working in this life so we can rest peacefully in the next life knowing that we did all we could do.  I love you and thanks for your letters and prayers.  

(From Carson's letter)
Nice job of helping Carson at school.  I think that a lot of kids want to help other people but are too scared to actually do something or maybe they just won't know exactly what to do, so they just on't do anything.  Keep looking for opportunities to serve, bud.  You never know the impact you can have on somebody.  Here is a poem that was quoted by President Monson:
I have wept in the nightFor the shortness of sightThat to somebody's need made me blind;But I never have yetFelt a tinge of regretFor being a little too kind."
I love you Carson and I am so proud of you.  I'm glad that you survived your first week of 7th grade.  You will do great.  You're right, just go to church, go to the temple, have sincere prayers, and sincere scripture study.  Thanks for the letter and all the prayers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment