Write to Elder Reiley

Washington Vancouver Mission
2223 NW 99th St.
Vancouver WA 98665
jaxon.reiley@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

07/15/2014

Dear Family,

Thanks for the homemade cinnamon rolls. They were a hit here! Also I don't need a laundry bag; I found it Haha. I think I am fine as far as things I need, but I will let you know if/when I need something. They pretty much have everything at the MTC store.

Today was the kind of day that the end couldn't have come soon enough. We just came off a Sunday and P-day so it was kind of hard to transition back. Elder Wilson and I had done pretty well on our lessons before, but we did not do well on our lesson today. Then we had to turn around and teach another lesson, which is really hard after the spirit is gone. Thankfully, it fell through which was a blessing  because we were not ready to teach.

Thankfully, the Lord still had some love for me. I actually sang in our choir (yes, a choir!!) and we sang Faith of Our Fathers. It was for a devotional and over 500 missionaries were in the choir. We sang in the Marriott Center and it was so powerful.

President Brown (not my branch president, but a former general authority who spoke at the devotional) gave a talk that really struck home to me. He basically said don't worry about your weaknesses with teaching and just being a missionary in general. As long as you are worthy and obedient, the Lord will take care of the rest. Then he talked about using Jesus Christ's name. When we say insincere prayers, sand then close in the name of Jesus Christ, it is basically taking HIs name in vain. So be careful how you act and what you assay while representing him.

And Austin, memorizing the Preach My Gospel purpose goes for you too!

Love,
Elder Reiley

No comments:

Post a Comment